A mobile application powers end-to-end data management solutions to boost productivity.
“The software is flexible and allows real-time syncing and switching between modules. Now our crews can test multiple departments at the same location on the same day. I anticipate this paying for itself in a very short amount of time.”
• Reduced time-to-invoice from 3 weeks to 48 hours.
• Eliminated risky mistakes by preventing bad data entry at the source.
• Increased accuracy of hose inventory estimates year over year.
• Automated identification of test failures to highlight the removal of problem equipment from service.
• Increased speed of testing, directly contributing to an increase in profit margin.
• Produced an ongoing cost savings by automating the creation of test result reports and invoices.
National Hose Testing Specialties (NHTS) is a fire equipment testing service that sends crews to firehouses to test ladders and fire hoses for quality and safety. Prior to partnering with AltSource, field reps for NHTS filled out paper forms to record test results and physically return them to an office assistant for filing at the main office. It took about two weeks before test results were entered into the company database and checked for accuracy, invoiced, and processed.
Invoices couldn’t be processed until all tests were recorded in the central database which delayed payment for jobs by at least 1-2 weeks. If tests were incomplete or inaccurate, reps would have to make another trip to the firehouse to retest and re-certify the hoses and ladders in question. If a fire house was audited for test results, NHTS had to manually pull test results for each hose and ladder tested and send them by mail to the firehouse.
NHTS partnered with AltSource to build a native Android app that streamlined the testing process, synced test results in real time, and leveraged a web application to generate reports for customers immediately - increasing profit margin and reducing time to invoice by weeks.
• Equipment Testing Mobile App: Native app allows crews to perform equipment tests in remote environments, even offline or outside of data service ranges.
• Test Validation: Software removes math and guesswork to ensure equipment passes or fails based on preset criteria.
• Real-Time Data: Test results sync back to the office instantly, eliminating the two week wait time for crews to submit reports upon return.
• Automated Reports: Customer facing reports for test results are generated automatically in seconds.
• Simplified Scheduling: Previous inventory is used to provide accurate cost and time estimates to customers.
• Time Tracking: Accurate employee time tracking simplifies payroll and job costing estimates vs. actuals.